Unfortunately, no one is immune from having bad days (as much as we’d like to be). You’re bound to have weeks when you log off for the day feeling down or overwhelmed. 😥
But, as a team leader, there are a few ways that you can help yourself and your team embrace a more positive mindset and have (a lot) more good days than bad.
When you’re thinking about ways to support your team members and help them beat their feelings of stress and imposter syndrome at work, a few things may come to the top of your mind, including:
But what if we told you there’s a more minor, impactful way that you can also help support your team in their personal and professional life?
Daily positive affirmations! 🙌
No longer just mantras for yogis, positive statements and daily affirmations are a fantastic way to combat negative energy and burnout, consistently uplift your team, help them feel calm, and encourage positive thoughts in the workplace.
Positive affirmations are designed to help people reframe and shake off their difficult experiences and everyday negative thoughts. They can help your staff remain calm under pressure and improve their mental health.
Whether or not you believe in manifestation, positive affirmations for work can put all team members in a better state of mind, which leads to increased happiness and success at work, a better work/life balance, and a more productive day-to-day employee experience.
Instilling some happiness in the workplace through positive affirmations doesn’t mean you have to walk around all day reciting happy sayings (though if that’s your style, we encourage it). Actually, there are a couple of ways to incorporate affirmations into your daily working life without going full motivational speaker mode:
When team members come across a little bit of positivity in their workday, they are sure to perk up, reduce negative thoughts, feel more confident about the work that they’re doing, and enjoy working just a little bit more.
Inspirational affirmations help your employees feel more positive and goal-oriented for the present day and the future. These can come in the form of quotes from great leaders, or a reminder to follow your passions and chase your dreams. In the workplace, this affirmation style reminds teammates that the future is bright and they can achieve anything they set their mind to, even when the going gets tough.
How to get started 👉 Have your employees map out their sources of inspiration in a Vision Board Workshop!
Have a big meeting or deadline looming? Instead of constantly reminding your team about the ticking clock, focus on what’s past the finish line instead. Goal-oriented affirmations help your staff see the bigger picture and work more productively towards the organization’s overarching goals.
You love your team and what each one of them brings to the table, so remind them of it! Complimentary affirmations help people see the best in themselves. And, in the workplace, this positive attitude and self-image motivate employees as they continue to learn, grow, and adapt to their roles.
So we’re all in agreement that change is scary, right? But the great thing about change (especially in the workplace), is that we don’t have to face it alone. Reminding your team that change is a positive thing is a great idea, especially if you face an expansion, merger, or another significant change in the office.
Sometimes, it can be challenging to remember to express gratitude, especially in times of stress. But it’s important to take a moment to reflect on all the good things that life has brought to you. There will always be moments of tension or pressure at work; it’s just another one of life’s inevitable factors. But expressing gratitude even when things feel hard is a way to see the bigger picture and reflect on the beauty of being alive.
How to get started 👉 Share appreciation with your team in Workplace Gratitude!
1. “Open your heart and drink in this glorious day.” – Heather Havrilesky
2. “I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.” – Audre Lord
3. “I am getting better and better every day.”
4. “Your life is about to be incredible.” – Tim Storey
5. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Your perspective is unique. It’s important, and it counts.” – Glenn Close
7. “I can accomplish every goal I put my mind to.”
8. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “I am passionately driven to succeed.”
10. “Success is my future.”
11. “I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.” – Louise Hay
12. “Conscious breathing is my anchor.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
13. “I am allowed to take up space.”
14. “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.” – Brené Brown
15. “Nothing can dim the light that shines within.” – Maya Angelou
16. “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams, and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl
17. “Make way for the unprecedented and watch your reality rearrange yourself.” – Yrsa Daley-Ward
18. “Changing my mind is a strength, not a weakness.”
19. “Am I good enough? Yes I am.” – Michelle Obama
20. “Who you are inside is what helps you make and do everything in life.” – Fred Rogers
21. “Good riddance to decisions that don't support self-care, self-value, and self-worth.” – Oprah
22. “Your life is already a miracle of chance waiting for you to shape its destiny” – Toni Morrison
23. “The chance to love and be loved exists, no matter where you are.” – Oprah
24. “I am grateful for all of the experiences I’ve had in my life thus far.”
25. “I say looking on the bright side of life never killed anybody” – Jenny Han
26. “Gratitude is a celebration we are all invited to.” – Cleo Wade
27. “I am grateful to be myself.”
28. “I'm giving you permission to root for yourself, and while you're at it, root for those around you, too.” – Mindy Kaling
29. “My team is proud of the work we do together.”
30. “You are a significant contributor to the team’s success.”
31. “You empower your team members towards greatness.”
32. “You are passionate about your goals and committed to the team.”
Helping your employees remain happy and healthy, in and out of the office, should always be top of mind for your organization. Because, when your employees feel that they are being actively cared for and listened to by their employers, they do their best. Happy, healthy employees are more productive, more optimistic about their work in general, and more likely to stay with their current organization.
At Confetti, we know the importance of helping your teams stay in a positive mood and let loose in the workplace every so often, which is why we created our Health & Wellness collection with employee health and happiness in mind. Book your event today!
What are 5 positive affirmations? 🤔
Do affirmations for success work? 🤨
Though they may not be magic cure-alls to every office problem, using positive affirmations for work helps to boost your team’s confidence and make people consistently feel like a valuable part of your organization.
So, while the idea of whether or not they “work” is relative, they definitely help people feel better and reframe their negative thoughts. Which, if you ask us, definitely counts as a success.
What is a job affirmation? 🧐
A job affirmation is a sentence, phrase, or quote that you use to help team members embrace positive energy and feel uplifted in the workplace. These affirmations can be centered around making a positive change, reaching a large milestone, or working together as a cohesive team.
What are the most powerful affirmations? 🤔
The most powerful affirmations are personalized to the individual! If your team members aren’t worried about upcoming changes, then change affirmations might not be the best option. If you notice your teams struggling with something consistently, say, teamwork, then try affirmations explicitly focused on that, like:
Ultimately, the most powerful affirmations are personalized and sent from people who care.