LGBTQIA+ Allyship in the Workplace$50 USD / person
More than just a hashtag
Cultural humility invites us to start from a place where we explore our own views before attempting to understand another community. In an interactive lecture-based discussion, a trained host will lead your team through an insightful workshop covering:
- LGBTQIA+ basics and terminologies
- Individual perspectives on gender and sexuality norms and their impact on both LGBTQIA+ and cisgender heterosexual people
- Inclusive ways of thinking about gender, sex, and sexuality
- Microaggressions and their impact
- Upstander strategies to use against anti-LGBTQIA+ microaggressions and harassment and how to support those who are LGBTQIA+
Based on your answers from a pre-workshop questionnaire, our host will customize the experience based on your group and their goals.
Note: This is a personal and engaging experience, which requires participation for value. Participants should come with an open mindset and ready to contribute to the conversation. Our instructor will create an open and welcoming space for participants to ask any questions or share thoughts about their own experience at the end.
📋 Want a more detailed breakdown? See the run of show.
🗓️ Availability: May be limited during Pride Month. For the fastest booking process, we recommend submitting one request with multiple dates & times. Don’t see the date you’re looking for? LGBTQIA+ History & Culture experiences are perfect for celebrating all year round!
- Designed Invitation for Participants
- Culturally Representative Host
- Pre-Workshop Questionnaire
- Zoom Link
- Cameras On
- Ability to Use Zoom (Free)
- Access to Zoom Chat
The host invited a sense of warmth and an inviting space for folks to feel comfortable to ask the hard questions.
From our host's kindness, openness and confidence to share his story with us, to the clarity in proper terminology and concepts in the workplace and beyond, the workshop was so well rounded. Couldn't recommend more!
Our host was wonderful, creating an event with the perfect balance of lecture style teaching and interactive activities. The course was educational and accessible for everyone in our company.
Our host did a fantastic job. They provided an educational and engaging deck and made the audience feel comfortable enough to interact and share their own stories. I'd definitely recommend this session!